This Privacy Notice explains how SERIOUS PR LTD uses any personal data (also referred to as ‘information’). Specifically It describes:
• Who this effects
• What information we collect about you
• How we use that information
• With whom we share that information
• Your rights regarding our use of your information;
• How long we keep your information; and
• How you can contact us in relation to information we may keep about you.
This will affect you If you are a member of the media (in all its forms), an individual, client or supplier that works with SERIOUS PR LTD. If you are a client that provides us with personal data on individuals connected to you for any reason in relation to your engagement with us, this will be relevant for those individuals and you should transmit this document to such individuals or otherwise advise them of its content.
We collect such information: • When you register with us to apply for a job either speculatively or in response to an advert;
• When you enquire about our services or clients;
• When you complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions or agree to be on our contact lists in relation to our client communications;
• When we use a third-party service such as Google Analytics to gather information about how visitors to our website use the site, including collecting information about what location you logged on from, which pages you visited in what order and how long you were on our site.
We use your information to:
• Process your request for news items about our company and, if you agree, to email you about other services we think may be of interest to you;
• If you make an employment enquiry we will pass your details to an external advisor.
• Email you about similar goods and services to those you’ve purchased from us which you may be interested in; and
• Enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into the contract. If you do not provide information required by us to enter into a contract with you, we will not be able to enter into that agreement with you or provide you the services you require.
We will rely on one of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process your personal data:
• To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract;
• To pursue our legitimate business interests in providing and marketing our products and services;
• Your specific consent to us using your information, which you can withdraw at any time;
• To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
• Any other purposes you have agreed with us.
We share information with the following third parties:
• Data processors or advisors who are our suppliers who provide us services;
• If you become an employee or independent associate your information will be passed on to and stored with our bookeepers and accountants to facilitate payroll, healthcare, invoice or any other legitimate payments. The use of this personal data is restricted to the extent necessary for the performance of the contract between us;
• Persons connected with any potential sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of our business (including any potential or actual purchaser of that business and that purchaser’s advisors);
• Other third parties, with your consent.
You have rights under data protection law in relation to our use of your personal data, including to:
• Request access to your information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Update or amend your information (if it is inaccurate or incomplete);
• Object to certain uses of your personal data including direct marketing and processing based on legitimate interests and processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics on grounds relating to your particular situation;
• Request the deletion of your information, or restrict its use, in certain circumstances (for example, subject to lawful exceptions applying, you can request that we erase your information where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected;
• To withdraw any consents you have provided in respect of our use of your information;
• To request a copy of the information you have provided to us, to use for your own purposes (often called your right to data portability); and
• To lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
If you have subscribed to us or agreed to be on a contact list to receive information from us, you can ask to be removed at any time by using the unsubscribe link clearly visible in any e-communications or by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by making a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can write to: SERIOUS PR LTD, 2nd Floor, Unit 3, Citylink Business Park, Albert Street, Belfast, BT124HQ.
Personal data of clients, employees, independent associates and suppliers will be destroyed within 6 months of said party no longer being associated with SERIOUS PR LTD. We will destroy employment applications ONE YEAR after their submission if they have not led to an offer of employment.
Any other information obtained as set out in section 3 above will be kept for no longer than is necessary and will be determined with reference to applicable statutory limitation periods in Northern Ireland or otherwise as specifically agreed between us.
We will keep our retention policies under review to ensure that your data is not stored for longer than is strictly necessary.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you, you can contact us:
• By email: email@example.com
• By post: Managing Director, SERIOUS PR LTD, 2nd Floor, Unit 3, Citylink Business Park, Belfast, BT12 4HQ.
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
SERIOUS PR LTD is committed being clear, concise and transparent in relation to our use of individuals’ personal information. If anything within this policy is unclear please advise us accordingly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to By post: Managing Director, SERIOUS PR LTD, 2nd Floor, Unit 3, Citylink Business Park, Belfast, BT12 4HQ.